1. If you stop receiving calls or texts, and you don’t know why, check in with your mobile operator immediately
2. Never disclose your Internet banking password or personal identification number (PIN) to anyone. Even your bank will never ask for this.
3. Keep personal details – such as your phone number, date of birth or things like your first car and maiden name – off social media like Facebook. This means scammers can’t impersonate you easily.
4. Ask your bank to give you details of every financial transaction through two channels – for instance, SMS as well as email alerts.
5. Use a separate email address for your Online Banking account and financial transactions from your social media accounts.
6. Never switch off your smartphone in the event of you receiving numerous unknown calls.It could be a ploy to get you to turn off your phone and prevent you from noticing a tampered network connection.Even if you are frustrated by such events, do not switch off your smartphone.